Tuesday, July 19, 2005

To Everything There Is A Twisted Season

Beleive it or not, I've not always been the aural sex expert you see before you today.

I used to have a *real* job. {{{gasp..shudder..swoon}}}

I've been a cocktail waitress, a voice actress (commercials and radio), an office manager , and a corporate trainer specializing in customer service call centers. Throughout much of my twenties, I did two or more of these jobs at any given time.

Normally, the only thime I miss being in a traditional job, is the rare occasion I see my grandmother and feel compelled to lie about my job or risk giving her a stroke.

Fortunately for me, there are plenty of people around who remind me of what I'm not missing. They are fabulously funny people talking about their conventional jobs and I highly recommend checking out their Blogs.

Waiter: has brilliantly witty stories which can be appreciated by anyone whether they've worked in the service industry or not.

Madman: works with a truly disgusting girl whose saga has become an addiction for many.

PeanutButterFilthy: has all the pretty girls flirting with him because he has a funny Blog, and I suspect, because they don't realize it's actually Sid Vicious in his icon and not him. But we won't tell. I'm sure he's every bit the hottie Sid was twenty odd years ago.

Anonymous Me: lives in the ninth circle of hell where takes consumer complaints for a government agency. Poor bastard: funny Blog.

I hope you visit them and enjoy.

11 comments:

peanutbutterfilthy said...

Thank god someone actually realized that!

Operator15 said...

I thought it was amusing when the ladies were talking about how hot you are. I thought "Yeah, and Sid's not bad either."

I do hope though, that you, at least, know better than to have pleas for heroin carved into your chest like our dearly departed Sid does in that picture.

The irony is, I too have been a victim of mistaken digital identity. You may not realize this but, truth be told, I'm not really a black and white cartoon.

I don't know how many times I've had to read comments like "you're one fine looking cartoon." Or "let's see some more of your hot cartoon body in that avatar."

Sheesh.

Bobbie Mac said...

I don't know what to say...my world is shattered. I saw both of you so clearly...and now...

(sniff.)

Operator15 said...

Bobby mac: I'm sorry to have deceived you... such is the nature of a phone sex operator. BTW, does this mean you *actually* glow green with the flick of a..of a.. what is that, a light saber for Ewoks?

Mad: I'm utterly scarred and may never recover from your last post.

You're more than welcome for the link.

The Blogger Formally Known As Van! said...

OK.... last time...can I interview you for my blog?

Operator15 said...

Oh, sure babe.. I'm sorry, I missed where you asked before.

Bobbie Mac said...

(Ewok sword... lol) : P

It's as real as the pixels that make it up, darling!

I'm OK now. I'm consoling myself with the fact that it's really you making that 'shush' motion at the top of the page.


Uhh...that is really you, isn't it?

Operator15 said...

Ummm, I..

it's..

well..

{{{shrug}}}

Yeah, sure babe.. that's me.

Almigo said...

I think a lot of radio people dabble in a little phone sex operation somewhere down the line. Cept me though, haven't been a caller operator yet - but my friend from radio school makes a small fortune on the side prerecording some sex stories for phone sex companies. I think she found the ad in the local paper. I must look into that...

And hey, you're not a cartoon? Ripped off!

Operator15 said...

That's how I started actually.

I was doing radio spots and voice menu recordings for a company that had a bunch of different 800 and 900 numbers. Somewhere in a pile of pages about "call for your free quote" or "to speak to an operator, press zero or stay on the liine" was a spot for "Sindy, Santa's 'special' helper" inviting men to call her with their Christmas fantasies.

The next day I was invited to come do a series of recorded fantasies. They were pretty soft core, just a bunch of double entendre in a sultry voice, but I realized then that it would be easier to speak explicitly with a stranger than it would be to do some gentle purring in front of the sound guy I'd known for months.

I've known a few radio people and actors to work the lines. And a couple of comediens. Oh, and a magician.

Though the two groups most represented are stay-at-home moms, and phone psychics. Go figure.

Bobbie Mac said...

I think phone psychics would make even bigger bucks if they called people on thier own instead of just asking people to call. Right around dinnertime they could call you and say something like "Don't go to work tomorrow," or "Avoid bananas this week" and then offer their number if the recipient of the call wanted more details.

: )