Friday, May 27, 2005

Fetish Friday

Sotophilia: sexual arousal by the sight of certain foods. As in, "he asked me to describe the sight of him putting his penis in the potato salad. "

Potato salad! How did it come to be potato salad? What sort of deranged picnics has he been to?

I mean, without personally finding a practice appealing, I can understand how some fetishes form. As unsanitary as it seems to me, a paraphilia for golden showers is wholly understandable. Those original sexual images from childhood can leave us with a powerful imprint. When a child first begins to notice the differences between genders, they are likely be titillated without quite being sure why. If they haven't yet been taught the basic principles of intercourse, the only use they know of for genitalia is urination. Given this, it's not surprising that the fondest wish of many little boys is simply to see a little girl pee. When a desire is set so firmly in childhood, it can easily last through to maturity. What's more, warm liquid sluicing down the body feels damned good. Put it all together, and a fetish is born.

Keeping this in mind though, and putting all judgments aside in the name of scientific query.. what twisted series of events had to come together, what freakish planets had to align, what perverted karma had to accumulate, for me to find myself discussing the merits of German versus Classic potato salad for lubrication, texture and plain old fashioned sex appeal?

1 comment:

Operator15 said...

I'm sure I'll be thinking of this the next time I place an order at the deli counter.

I may never again look a cashier directly in the eyes as I purchase potatoes, mayonnaise, and celery.