Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Emancipation, the Ultimate Punishment

It’s an eventual fact for even the best of Mistresses that there are sometimes pets who challenge authority. This isn’t always a bad thing. There are certainly Mistresses who enjoy the continual struggle to break and re-break a bratty or out of control pet like an incorrectly set bone. I think it’s fair to say though, that this type of relationship is more about feeding the desire for punishment or drama than about true submission.

I’m not one of those Mistresses who enjoy a good fight.

I recently had a slave whose lack of self-control often led him to email without taking time to think about what he was saying. Each week, his need for attention grew, and on a typical day I would check in to find either one or two email messages from him.

We had a bit of a routine, he and I. I

It’s an eventual fact of even the best of Mistresses’ work that there are sometimes pets who challenge authority. This isn’t always a bad thing. There are certainly Mistresses who enjoy the continual struggle to break and re-break a bratty or out of control pet like an incorrectly set bone. I think it’s fair to say though, that this type of relationship is more about feeding the desire for punishment or drama than about true submission.

I’m not one of those Mistresses.

I recently had a slave whose lack of self-control often led him to email without taking time to think about what he was saying. Each week, his need for attention grew, and on a typical day I would check in to find either one or two email messages from him.

We had a bit of a routine, he and I. On even numbered days, I would receive two notes. The first would be a proclamation of love and devotion and a request for a session. The second letter, coming a few hours after the first, would explain how distraught he was while waiting for my response. In it, he would pour out his angst with many capital letters before ending with the words “I can’t take this anymore, I’m through!” I saw this closing line so often, it may have been his email signature. I’m not sure.

On odd numbered days, he had his calendar set to “apologize” and I would receive remorseful letters of regret and atonement.

For my part, I would lecture him for the silly pet he is, reprimand him for getting his panties in a twist, and punish him for expecting me to wait by the computer for his email. I warned him to respect my free time.

Eventually, his histrionics, and my lack of firm enough limits, led him to cross the line from self-recriminating protestations of quitting, to an attack directed at me. “You should give me more direction,” he said, as though he were paying for daily training. He even dared to tell me “I guess you just can’t handle a slave who is so devoted.”

Of course, a Dominatrix can’t tolerate such disrespect and still maintain her control over the slave, but to mete out punishment for insolence through email on a near daily basis would simply be giving him the service I normally sell. Though he’d been a consistent and well-paying caller, he wasn’t paying me for all that.

The only way I could win this negotiation was to be willing to walk away from the table. After all, it's the person who doesn’t care who holds all the cards. If I was desperate to keep the caller, and his money, he had power over me. That wouldn’t do, no would it?

I told him to find another Domme.

It’s been a month, and he’s back now, willing to behave and pay a penalty fee for having wasted my time. I haven’t decided yet if I’ll take him back. We’ll see.

One last note... I have a former pet who sometimes reads this blog, the following is a message to him, but the rest of you may feel free to eavesdrop.

Oil-man: For the record, no, this post is not about you. I will not consider taking your calls. There are a few things in this world your money can’t buy, my phone number is one of them.

Oh, and I bought the hybrid, bitch. :p,

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

At least I know where you stand now.

Operator15 said...

Waaaah

Anonymous said...

Thanks for everything,there's nothing to whine about was fun.Enjoy the car.