Friday, August 12, 2005

Fetish Friday: Brace Yourself

Maybe it's the image of fresh faced guilessness associated with the age at which most young women get braces, but dental appliances have garnered a following of their own.

Brace faces beware, the orthophiles are on the loose.

I assume the allure is similar to that of the lusty innocence of the school girl uniform. Braces and short skirts are the accessories of that time in life when youth blossoms into voluptuous beauty and eager curiosity about all things grown up.

I never really know what to say to the orthodontic fetishists. My own experiences have been limited to mild discomfort a few times when I had my wires tightened and one traumatic day when I first saw a childhood crush in braces and headgear. Before he explained what they were, I was sure he'd been in some horrible accident and the straps around his head were all that kept his head upright.

So the glamour and glitter of the mouth jewelry has eluded me. Fortunately for me, there are websites to refer to.

6 comments:

ghartstein said...

Yeah, nothing says "Go Limp" like a mouth full of metal!

Operator15 said...

ROFL... that was brilliant!

Almigo said...

Orthophilia - it's a mouthful.

Operator15 said...

Splurt! That was so wonderfully bad!

Christine said...

A friend of mine saved up and got braces as an adult. I witnessed her getting hit on more often then ever and quite crudely. I never made the connection until now. Entertaining AND educational!

Operator15 said...

I'm sure ut was just her lovely, confident new smile and not at all a perverted thing.

Really.